Get the most relevant insights and updates from Walmart’s Annual Reports here.
- Walmart is the world’s largest retailer
- 2.3M employees as of Jan 2022
- US$ 572.8 Billion in annual revenue
Why target Walmart?
Getting Walmart logo as a customer on your website is a prized possession for many a sales person.
Walmart operates over 10,500 stores worldwide. This mammoth business requires highly scalable, robust and resilient systems that support operations such as supply chain, logistics, warehousing, distribution, and financial operations. Naturally, SDRs, BDRs and AEs in such industries for whom Walmart is a target account, research the company before doing the outreach.
Who should research Walmart?
Walmart’s scale of operations make it a good fit for many B2B products. But, you should research Walmart if you are:
- a product that looks into the supply-chain AI
- procurement intelligence
- finance risk assessment
If you are an SDR for one of these products, you need insights from Walmart’s strategies that show the efficiency of your product. B2Brain’s machine learning has compiled these highlights from Walmart’s Annual Reports (and other sources) that can significantly improve your pitch.
Supply Chain insights about Walmart
These are the latest insights about Walmart’s Supply Chain (global):
- Walmart Plans to reduce Supply Chain Emissions (source) – When Walmart decided to take a serious look at reducing supply chain emissions, head scratching ensured. It was 2010, and many of the tools and programs now in place to encourage and advise business on their emissions reduction work were in their infancy.
- Walmart’s Project Gigaton plans to reduce 1Bn Metric Tons of supply chain greenhouse gas emissions by 2030.
- Walmart can benefit from a more agile, efficient and dynamic supply-chain visibility in real time.
Procurement insights about Walmart
Sourcing and procurement are strategic for Walmart’s business. Building in efficiency on an ongoing basis helps Walmart keep its net margins intact, and thus increase shareholder value that the street loves. If you are building procurement systems, sourcing or spend management systems for direct or indirect costs, and are selling to enterprises, you want Walmart to be a customer.
These are the latest insights about Walmart’s Procurement:
- WMT Form 10-K (FY22) (source)- Their gross profit rate increased 14 and 20 basis points for fiscal 2022 and 2021, respectively, when compared to the previous fiscal year. For fiscal 2022, the increase was primarily due to price management in the Walmart U.S. segment driven by cost 38 inflation as well as merchandise mix, partially offset by increased supply chain.
- Walmart had to increase inventory while making sourcing efforts more strategic, in order to manage costs better.
- Efficient procurement and sourcing systems can help Walmart improve its bottomline.
Want more Walmart insights tailored to your product?
To get to the perfect pitch, insights are not enough. And to convert a prospect, you need a lot more. You need latest insights, the right decision-makers and their contact info, talking points that help your product be relevant. B2Brain delivers all of this (and more) in a neatly packed format right to your CRM.
How would you like to use insights from Walmart’s 92-page 2022 annual report to fine tune your pitch for Ashraf or Jason?
Want to give this a try? Sign up for B2Brain’s free trial here.
This bodes the question – why only Walmart? Why not research Kohl’s, Lowe’s, Target, Kroger and other national retailers? Try them all from here.